Our Pet Sitting Services
When headed out of town, boarding your pets at a veterinarian or kennel isn’t always a great choice for many cats and dogs. The constant noise, unusual smells, and activity are very stressful for some, especially for senior pets. There’s also the possibility of coming into contact with some sort of illness. More and more people are choosing to keep their pets at home where they can feel safe and secure in their familiar surroundings. Having a professional pet sitter come also lets them keep to their usual exercise routine and diet. As an added bonus, they enjoy all of the one-on-one attention that pets being boarded often miss out on.
What to Expect During Our Petcare Visits
Most clients will schedule two of our all-inclusive petcare visits each day, one in the early am for breakfast and another in the late afternoon or early evening for dinner. These visits include everything you’ll need to keep your pets happy and healthy while you’re away:
- Feeding and fresh water
- Cleaning and scrubbing of food and water bowls
- Walking the dog(s) and picking up/disposing of waste
- Scooping cat litter and sweeping up around the boxes if/when needed
- Emptying and refilling litter box, if needed
- Any oral or topical medications that may be needed
- Plenty of extra attention, loving, and treats (if allowed)
In addition, we’ll even do the following simple house sitting tasks while you’re away:
- Bring in the newspaper, mail &/or packages
- Take out the trash &/or take the cans out to the street (or back)
- Water any indoor or outdoor plants (within reason!)
- Adjust the lights &/or blinds (upon request)
- Do a light security check and walkthrough at each visit to ensure your home is secure
- Any other small task that can easily be handled while we’re there, just let us know. We’re happy to accommodate.
At the end of each visit, you’ll receive an emailed “report” that lets you know how everyone is doing, what they’ve been up to and we’ll even include pictures.
* Most clients with dogs will also schedule 1-3 dog walking visits each day (in addition to the petcare visits) so they can get out to exercise and go potty.
Each 30-minute visit is $23. This price is based on (up to) 2 pets, either cats or dogs. Each additional dog is $2 and each additional cat is $1.
For pets with ongoing health issues, we can administer insulin for diabetic pets ($5/dose) and we can also give subcutaneous fluids for pets that might be dehydrated or experiencing kidney issues ($8).
These visits are scheduled during 2-hour timeslots each day. However, if you have a cat or other small animal that doesn’t need us there at a particular time each day and the timing is flexible, we have cat sitting and small animal visits that offer everything here, but at a slightly discounted rate ($19).
Upon request, we can also arrange to stay at your home while you’re away.
Areas we Serve
Generally, we service the following neighborhoods for most visits: North Raleigh, West Raleigh, NW Raleigh, Downtown Raleigh, Cameron Village, Oakwood, Mordecai, the Warehouse District, Boylan Heights, Hayes Barton, Five Points, Six Forks & North Hills, and parts of Cary.
Give us a call or send us an email today. We’d love to help make your time away a little less stressful (for you AND your pets!).